Saturday, February 23, 2008

Purpose

The main purpose of this blog is to have a place to post the various things I'm learning about sewing. I'm not a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think sewing was never intended for my brain to understand. BUT, being the persistent person that I am, I keep trying. I've also determined that making clothing is an art form. That being said, it requires practice. It's not like baking where all you have to do is follow a recipe by the book and it'll turn out just as it should. Sewing requires knowledge of so many bits and pieces that I've never bothered to pay attention to. Eventually, if I'm diligent, it'll become second nature like it seems to come naturally to so many others... I can only hope.

At any rate, I had a secondary purpose. I didn't want to clog up a blog I've dedicated to German Renaissance research with 'basic sewing for idiots'. That being said, on to the real posts!

No comments: